Creating a web site is very exciting. How do the pro’s do it? They create a template or mock up of the site’s look and feel first. They usually do this in a graphic program like Adobe Illustrator. It is like a story board of your plan for the site. Once completed, a designer shows this to the client for revision and / or approval.
Where to start:
- Find a web site to copy, maybe from CSSZenGarden.com?
- Create a folder titled, “portfolio”
- Create a folder titled, “media”
- Create an Illustrator document titled, “my portfolio.ai”
- Save your “my portfolio.ai” document into the portfolio folder
- Place the web address of the site you are copying or emulating, example: http://www.csszengarden.com
- Place the images and text into your “my portfolio.ai” document